Sunday 26 June 2016

Clarity Challenge June 2016 - Masculine

A little bit late this month with my challenge entry as those who know me will know I like to do a steam train theme for my Dad, but as I couldn't do anything like this using Clarity products for Father's Day I decided to get ahead and do the birthday card for my Partner's birthday next year. I started by embossing the bulrush stencil onto a piece of stencil card and then overlaid this with the tree stencil before colouring using the following Distress inks: Tea Dye; Vintage Photo; Ground Espresso; Old Paper; Shabby Shutters; Cracked Pistachio; Weathered Wood;and Salty Ocean
I then stamped the Fisherman in Black Soot Distress Ink, prior to cutting it out.
The background was created by using Tea Dye and Old Paper distress inks and stamping with the journalling set in second and third generation Vintage Photo. I stamped the reeds along the bottom in Shabby Shutters in first and second generation and added the swallow in the top right hand corner using weathered wood and black soot.
I mounted the main image on a piece of matt gold adorable scorable and went round the edge of the card in copper gilding wax before mounting on an 8x8" card blank. I finished by stamping the Happy Birthday sentiment in the top left hand corner.
Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment