Sunday 15 May 2016

Clarity Challenge May 2016 - Anything Goes

I decided to go down the Groovi route for the challenge this month and the finished project will also be the Birthday card for my Mum later this month. I used the Banner Groovi Border Plate and the following Groovi plates:
I started with by using the butterfly and then took the square nesting plate before adapting the banner for the Mum sentiment.
The main design was the poppies, after which I decided to change the border by using the square nesting plates to make small squares.
To give the banner the texture of a ribbon I used the diagonal Groovi grid before starting on the white work.
Using the Tombow colouring pencils I added some colour.
The background was created by blending Butterscotch, Lettuce and Red Pepper Adirondack inks on watercolour card before spritzing with water.
I mounted it on the background using a box technique before matting onto black card.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment